Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: Stock selection

Title
    Premium Member

Stock selection

Alright guys I'm putting together a savage 110 for my son as a hunting rifle. Typically I select function over form for anything I'm taking into the field. But I'm a sucker for nice wood furniture. Everything in me is telling me just to get a nice laminate stock, or a B&C medalist (Theres not a whole lot of other options). But this little voice is saying call Richard's micro fit and order up a nice wood stock.

Which way would you go?

Either way something like a manners, or McMillan is out of the question, $300 maybe $400 is the top of my budget.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
    Alright guys I'm putting together a savage 110 for my son as a hunting rifle. Typically I select function over form for anything I'm taking into the field. But I'm a sucker for nice wood furniture. Everything in me is telling me just to get a nice laminate stock, or a B&C medalist (Theres not a whole lot of other options). But this little voice is saying call Richard's micro fit and order up a nice wood stock.

Which way would you go?

Either way something like a manners, or McMillan is out of the question, $300 maybe $400 is the top of my budget.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I had a Richards on a Ruger Alaskan action in .338 win mag years ago. It was beautiful..I am a sucker for wood too.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I’m the same way. I’m a sucker for nice wood stocks. Only a handful of my hunting rifles wear synthetic stocks. The wood just looks and feels right. That being said, When there is foul weather I will grab a rifle with a synthetic stock 99% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I love good wood but I do have a couple of synthetic stocks. I do like laminate stocks so I have 1 of those as it feels better than synthetic and still take bad weather well.